In the frame of the 4th European Conference on Flood Risk Management (22-24 June 2021)the EU Strategy for the Danube Region Environmental Risks Priority area is going to be organize a special session ‘Preparedness and response activities in the Danube Region’ will take place virtually on Tuesday 22 June 2021 from 13:30 to 15:00
The session will be led by Laszlo Balatonyi and Gheorghe Constantin
The Preparedness and response activities in the Danube Region session aims at introducing the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR) Environmental Risks Priority Area (PA5) and its Disaster Management Working Group (DM-WG). The focus will be tailored to preparedness and response activities, with special focus on Tailings Management and related initiatives of the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River (ICPDR) Accidental Pollution Control Expert Group (APC EG). The session will be concluded by sharing the latest information about possible funding instruments to achieve better preparedness and more effective response in the region.
- Introduction: of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region, Environmental Risks Priority Area (05) Dr. László Balatonyi / Gheorghe Constantin
- Challenges in the Danube Region –
- Strategic partnership in the Danube Region: EUSDR PA5 – Dr. László Balatonyi
- Preparedness and response:
- Remote sensing, as one of the potential technologies (Dr. Tibor Bíró, NUPS)
- Case study of a tailing management facility disaster – consequences and overall effect on the Hungarian disaster response system (Kolontár, HU) Katalin Balog Vida Sándorné
- The EUSDR PA5 Disaster Management Working Group – Zsolt Kelemen
- Activities of ICPDR APC EG
- Tailing Management in the Danube Region – Ádám Kovács
Please use the ‘add to Schedule‘ button on the Special Session Programme, to register your interest in participating in this special session.
For more information visit the Special Session Hub and the webpage https://hub.floodrisk2020.net/theme/specials/danube-region/.
To access this page, you will need to be registered online.
If you haven’t done so yet, please Register Now Here.