The PROFOUND (Procedures of Rescue Organizations in Flood Operations Unified in the Danube Region) project aims to improve the cooperation between non-governmental response capacities involved in flood response in the Danube Region with establishing and exercising a common framework for training and deploying in synergy with the Union Civil Protection Mechanism.
The main output is a large-scale international flood response field exercise, which will be thoroughly planned for, including training and preparation of details.
The project objectives are:
- Identify the capacities, gaps and good practices of the water rescue units and volunteer fire brigades
- Develop the procedures of water rescue units and volunteer fire brigades according to the Guidelines for Standard Operating Procedures of EU to fit into international/regional/cross-border response
- Develop sustainable training programme for the water rescue units and volunteer fire brigades and train them in order to have a common ground for deployment for flooding
- Develop the volunteer units to fit into the coordination system if the UCPM is activated as responder or as host organization.
- Building the basis of effective HNS by training the operational level for receiving international support through UCPM
- Unified flood operations in the Danube Region
Number of partners: 4 (+ external partners to be involved for the exercise)
Project Budget: 631.953,77 EUR
Project Duration: Jan 2020 – Jun 2022
Project Lead Partner: Budapest Firefighter Association (Hungary)
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Funded by: DG ECHO Exercise Call
For more information please visit the official project website.